Premium Scotch brand Macallan has dabbled in VR and 360-degree video, and now it’s launched a new “touchable” video.
Two weeks ago, the whiskey maker launched an interactive video for its annual Masters of Photography initiative, a program in which it creates a limited-edition whiskey collection with renowned photographers. This year, the brand worked with Steven Klein. Previous collaborators have included Mario Testino, Elliott Erwitt and Annie Leibovitz.
“We have been pushing our boundaries and trying new things in digital for a while now, so this was an obvious next step,” said Samantha Leotta, senior brand manager at Macallan. “We also know that consumers are engaging with video more than ever before, but we wanted to take it even further, expand our reach and make it even more engaging than regular videos.”
The video works across mobile, desktop and all social media platforms, and the brand is promoting it with paid media on Instagram and Facebook.
- How 3D Body Scanning Helps Some Health Clubs Keep Members Engaged
- OpEd: Beauty Apps Are Selling Us Instant Makeovers — But Is Anyone Buying the Actual Makeup?
- How Viacom casts influencers in 90 percent of its campaigns
- Robots in the cloud: How robotics-as-a-service can help your business
- You could make $8,000 a month as a Facebook intern