Friday, April 7 Brief: #startup, #tech, #augmentedreality
I camped out with a tech billionaire. The advice he gave me was priceless.
We sat around a small campfire, gazing up through the cold California air at a dazzling canopy of stars.My friends and I began talking with a member of the group. I didn’t know who he was, but he immediately struck me as interesting. @adam_naor
Why Uber Won’t Fire Its CEO
The rise of super-voting shares in Silicon Valley has given founders the ultimate job security.
As the calamities amass at Uber,many people — including me — have called for new leadership. Usually, the job of hiring and firing a CEO falls to a company’s board of directors. Yet in a March 21 phone call with the press, board member Arianna Huffington said that Uber’s board had not even discussed the matter. @jessiwrites
How augmented reality will put people back to work
Augmented Reality has the potential to help transition displaced workers who have lost their jobs due to increasing automation. By providing a worker with just-in-time information, AR enables them to perform a variety of tasks that they may have no prior experience with. This allows workers to fluidly move from one type of job to another to maintain a stable income. @amittm
Network like a Boss
Talk to anyone that’s attended Burning Man including Eric Schmidt, Larry Page, Sergey Brin and Elon Musk, and they’ll tell you the correct answer — to get out of your own head... @IsaacNaor
Am I qualified to lead a seed stage deal?
When we were out raising money for our fund last year, one of the most common questions we were asked was this, “Would you feel comfortable leading deals out of the new fund?” @TXZhuo
Latest from e2 global village
- Uber could face higher license fees in London under new proposals
- Ohio Radioshack store closes, goes rogue on Facebook
- Meet Andrea Rosso, the man taking Diesel way beyond denim
- Under Armour made a fatal error that will take 'years' to fix
- Introverts tend to be better CEOs — and other surprising traits of top-performing executives
- How 3D Body Scanning Helps Some Health Clubs Keep Members Engaged
- OpEd: Beauty Apps Are Selling Us Instant Makeovers — But Is Anyone Buying the Actual Makeup?
- Robots in the cloud: How robotics-as-a-service can help your business
- You could make $8,000 a month as a Facebook intern
- Bitcoin soars above $1,400 to all-time high